Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Light linen Butterick 5948

It has been so long since I have sewn. I took my time with this simple spring top.  I made 3 muslins. Just trying to get the shoulders right was a trial. Not sure if it is my shoulders or the pattern. I finally ended up using a RTW top that fit me well to help redraw the shoulders/ sleeve heads. 
I changed the neckline, wanted a little interest so that the pale color of the linen did not just blend into my skin.  
Fitting with darts with no breasts was a challenge. I wanted to leave room for what will come, but do not know what size the girls will be yet. 
I love the neckline.  This was such a happy sew for me.  Feels good to be back.   On a non sewing note, I had heard from so many people that your hair grows back a different color and texture after chemo for  a lot of people.  I am not sure what I had imagined, but curly white was not it!  That being said, I am thankful for that white curly fuzz.  Looking forward to eyebrows and eyelashes  😌 Stay happy Keep sewing And if you can't sew

15 comments:

  1. So glad to see you sewing again - it's a very beautiful top and the neckline is gorgeous. Your body goes through so much during chemo - it takes time to get back to normal. It's great that you have some hair now - you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neckline on that great top. It draws the eye to you beautiful smile! So great to see your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking fabulous! That smile is worth a million!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely. Best wishes on your recovery! And welcome to the world of white hair - it opens a world of possibilities for wearing colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute neckline, and glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to see you back in action! Love that neckline

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see you back with a great smile . The neckline is very flattering .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great fit and that neckline is lovely. Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely top! Also, I just discovered your blog, and you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your smile, hair and attitude are all wonderful! Glad to see you back on the blog and at the sewing machine. You'll be able to rock that white hair for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO happy to see your smiling face and that you are enjoying sewing again.
    You look awesome!! I Look forward to many more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO happy to see your smiling face and that you are enjoying sewing again.
    You look awesome!! I Look forward to many more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful neckline and beautiful smile! :)

    ReplyDelete