Tuesday, May 26, 2015

TNT Jacket

This jacket was based upon a jacket I bought at Target in 2013.  This red linen version was my first
muslin in 6/2013.  http://kellyssewing.blogspot.com/2013/06/crazy-busy.html.

 
I decided I needed a black one.  This is a black linen blend from JoAnns. 
 






 
 I used hook and eye closures this time instead of snaps.  I never wear it closed, and yet felt I had to add them!



 Instead of a partial back lining, I lined the whole back, with a pleat for ease of movement, since I sit at a computer all day.  The lining is a light weight crepe also from JoAnns.



I created a little tab to hang it from in the office.

 
I love my new linen jacket.  It is perfect over tanks, as the warmer it gets outside, the higher they seem to run the AC indoors!!
 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
Plant some maters with a cute boy.

2 comments:

  1. Jacket queen! :) I really love this. So simple yet so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely jacket and that lining is pretty special. You are very clever to make a pattern from RTW.

    ReplyDelete