Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sewaholic Renfrew

I think this has to be my favorite knit T pattern.  The pattern has various collars and sleeve lengths.  Bands instead of hems, and once you have it fitting you to a T, the ways you can change it are endless.  Or, you can just make a simple everyday awesome T shirt.  This fabric is a knit from Joanns.  14.99 a yard, but I had a 40% of coupon.  So 8.99 a yard.  Not a bad price for a nice T Shirt.  This knit is light weight, but still has a nice drape.  Very soft touch and the colors I just loved.  Reminded me of a watercolor painting.

 This is view A body and collar, with view C sleeves.    Again my neck band was a waffled mess, so I just folded it to the outside and topstitched it down.  I attach the neckband with a stretch stitch, but my topstitching, I just use a longer straight stitch.  It does not actually have to stretch to fit over my head.
 
I did not plan on putting the cuffs, or bands, on the sleeves, but had a fabric shortage, so the sleeves ended right at my elbow bend, which is uncomfortable to me.  So I went ahead and added bands.  The print does not match at the bands, but I tried to keep the color theme of the band and the end of the sleeve similar.



I also planned it so that the blue part of the material was closest to my neck and face, as it is the most flattering with my coloring.  I wish you could feel how soft this knit is.  I wore it today, am still wearing it.  It is so comfortable against your skin.  Like a kiss.  This might be my favorite T so far!!!



Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew....
Bake a little cake!!
 


5 comments:

  1. You find the best fabrics at Joanns - since I'm up at our cabin for the week I'll be heading to Flag Joanns 😀😀😀
    Love the Renfrew & your version is great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MaryEllen! It is graduation weekend up here. Traffic will be crazy!

      Delete
    2. What is this white stuff on the ground ??LOL

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete