Thursday, May 28, 2015

Remakes, more Target clearance rack finds!

I love a woven tank top, and the Scout woven tee pattern is a great  base to start with.  I have redrafted the upper portion for a tank top, with narrow shoulders and slight racer back. 

Below is my Scout front and back pieces, with the upper portions folded out of the way, and my 'tank' upper versions pinned into place. 

 
This blouse was XXL and just a large square with seams along side about 2/3 of the way up.  Beautiful fabric, but not a good look on me. 


So I unpicked the two seams, and laid my pattern pieces as below, using the original beautiful blue crepe area and the hem line.    I cut both pieces on the fold, so this was a quick make.
 
I was able to reuse the binding that was already on the neck edge, with just a little unpicking and then splicing back together. 





My second tank is also  a remake from Target clearance rack.
This was a 3X top that was almost square as well, but it had the hi lo hem. 
 

I bound the neck and arms with binding made of batiste.  I added a cute little pocket, just for fun.




 I kept the original hems of both front and back.


And this is how I styled it to wear to the office!


I LOVE remaking clearance rack finds. 
 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
bake some brownies
 
 


2 comments: