Thursday, June 12, 2014

MariMoss skirt, Basics have begun

I love the Moss skirt.  I love the Maritime shorts.  I love them morphed into one skirt!
 
A brown denim with a slight stretch from JoAnn's.  Washed and dried in dryer, 3 times before cutting out. 
 
Wider waistband (from V8774), added belt loops and back pockets. 
 







I love skirts.  So easy to wear.  As comfortable as shorts!  Maybe more so!





 
I also have some navy blue denim with some stretch.  Have not decided yet I will make another MariMoss or may a Rachael Comey 1247. 
 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
dark chocolate covered, salted caramels.  

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, which parts of each pattern did you combine ?
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my 4/19/14 pattern review the first time I did this.... I love both the Moss skirt and the Maritime shorts. I combined what I like best about each into a skirt pattern. So my skirt has the shaping of the Moss, but less A line, the yolk of the skirt, the front and back pockets of the shorts, and my TNT wider waistband from V8774, along with belt loops and a coin pocket . I also cut the fly on, instead of as a separate piece.

      Delete
    2. Thanks that's a big help - will look up your review

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed with your top stitching and finishing off details Kelly. Great skirt and a very wearable addition to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete