Saturday, May 3, 2014

MMM Day 3, McCalls 6559, racer back dress

Today I went shopping and then to lunch, with my daughter.  This is a racerback dress I made in a stable striped knit from Fabric.com.  I wanted the change up the front, so I cut the front pattern piece into sections, and layed them in alternating ways on the striped fabric prior to cutting out, then sewed them back together to complete the front piece. I really like this dress.  I made it for our Hawaii vacation last year and wore it quite often last summer.  It is getting a little pilled, but still wearable.  
               
 
I spent the early morning cutting out a couple pair of pants.  Both from my TNT based on V8774.  Both will have jean styling, but the blue will be cropped.

               


Hopefully tomorrow will find me sewing!  I also have to work on my flower gardens, so we shall see!
 
Stay Happy
Keep Sewing
and if you can't sew
Enjoy doing what you can do!

3 comments:

  1. Very creative work with the stripes. Looking forward to seeing your new pants. I love your purple ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress and the stripes design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your striped dress is so smartly casual, your use of the stripes looks really interesting, and visually flattering, yet uncluttered.

    ReplyDelete