Thursday, August 1, 2013

Grainline Studios Scout Woven Tee, 31002

Perfection.  That is how I would describe this simple Tee pattern.  I have already made it twice. 

First in a crepe de chine, very light and sheer.


 



Second in a  quilting cotton and a loose weave lace top, I added a false button placket down the back and buttons.  I got the idea from Sally at The Quirky Peach.  http://thequirkypeach.blogspot.com/2013/06/color-blocked-scout-tee.html

Hers is rockin', I had to have one!

I have never worked with a lace type fabric, it was a nightmare! Started coming apart as soon as I cut it.  I faked my way through it, it came out pretty darn good!!  Definitely will have to be hand wash only though!

This is a great pattern.  You get the instant gratification of a download.  Only 4 pattern pieces.  Quick to sew ( unless you pick something that falls apart!!!)

I wear a 12 RTW, but per measurements cut a 14.  I could have cut a 12 as I had to take both in on the sides.  It fits very nicely through shoulder and bust and then drapes nicely from there.  Slightly longer hem in back is very in right now, plus provides extra coverage while seated!! 





 Stay Happy
Keep Sewing!
and if you can't sew
Enjoy doing what you can do!!
 
and for fun, a little grandma love....
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the lace with the cotton. I think I'm going to copy your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this . So simple but so stylish with the lace on top.Sweet baby! I understand the Grandma love for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Don't know which one I like better. Both are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks so much for the mention! I really love how you made your lace yoke and button down - even though it was tricky to work with, the result is just perfect! I wish I could steal it for my wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both,and the placket is a great design idea.
    Nothing better than Grandma love :)

    ReplyDelete