Saturday, April 6, 2013

WIP-- A Morph of Jalie 2908 and VS Hipster RTW

I still wear a pair of the Jalie 2908 that I made in 2010.  Great go to jeans.  I also have a pair of RTW VS hipster jeans that I really like as well.  They are a bit loose in the caboose but I love the straight leg shaping.  I decided to morph the two patterns and see what I get.  I am hoping for the perfect jeans, but will settle for a great pair that I love to wear. 

I am using a bull denim from Fabric.com.  It has a bit more stretch than I thought it would, I am hoping that does not mean baggy butt by end of day.  I love this color, Rouge Red. 

Pieces laid out, a fabric hog, with the width of the crotches and the length of my legs, I used the full 3 yards length wise.  I am hoping to be able to use some of the wide scraps for something....


Here are all the pieces, cut and serged



Front pockets inserted..... extended them to the center front for tummy control.


I hope to have them finished tomorrow, so that I can wear them on Monday.  We shall see.  Takes me about 15 hours for a pair of jeans, from layout to hemming.  Hard to sew that long of a stretch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment