Saturday, July 28, 2012

$2.49 Skirt

I recently bought quite a bit of fabric at a yard sale.  All pieces, regardless of size, were .50   This piece was about a yard and a half of 54" wide non wale corduroy with a slight stretch.  The color is eggplant.  I have previously made Simplicity 2475 skirt from their Amazing fit collection, so I already had a fitted altered pattern.   This is a very nice pattern.  Easy to fit and modify.  Great bones for alterations.  It has paneled front and back for shaping and the back has inverted pleats for walking ease.  I just love the fit of this skirt.  The changes I incorporated into this skirt:   I always move the side zip to the back.  This allows me to complete the whole skirt and save the side seams for last, so I can get the fit just right without having to deal with zipper placement.  I added slant pockets with a button closure to the front side panels.  I enlarged the belt loops to be more tab like.  I had to lessen the curve in the waist yokes to fit my thicker middle.  I put button on the extended tabs as well.  I really like how this skirt turned out.  The pattern was .99 at a JoAnns sale, the zipper from a second hand score of a basket of zippers at $1 each.  So $2.49 for the skirt.   Got to love that! 



1 comment:

  1. Nifty skirt -- great fit and the tabs and pockets were good design changes-- and of course eggplant is the color of the moment for fall 2012.

    ReplyDelete