Saturday, January 14, 2012

Decisions

Do you ever get a fabric or pattern home, that you were once excited enough about - to happily pick all the necessary notions, then once you have it home, you wonder why?  Why did I chose this fabric?  Or Why did I chose this pattern?    I must have some sort of blinders on when I am fabric shopping or forget completely what types of clothing look best on me once the pages of the pattern catalogs begin to fly.  I am suffering from that today.  Not the fabric part, but more the pattern question.  I am making Colette 1018, the Jasmine.  I did not buy fabric for it, so I am using some stash fabric that is at least 20 years old to make a muslin.   Working on the bias is just not one of my favorite things, and usually results in clinging to body parts I prefer to not emphasize.   I am making the sleeves right now, but everytime I try it on, it just seems.......not me.  I don't know.  I am going to trudge on and hope for the best.  Maybe once it is all together, I will change my mind and love it.  One can hope, right?

1 comment:

  1. Yes - I hear you! I get this all the time - Pattern and fabric fever. I just have to have it - but don't stop to consider how it is going to look on me... Hence - heaps of patterns and fabric that I think will sit for quite some time.

    It is a pretty top - hopefully it will work out well.

    ReplyDelete