Wednesday, January 7, 2009

4 Month Hiatus....

Happy New Year!!

My, I can't believe how time flies when you are busy. (-: I can't believe I haven't blogged in 4 months. I find time to follow those I enjoy but yet didn't make time to update mine. hmmmm..... I wonder if that means that I find others lives more interesting than mine?

'Tis a New Year. My only resolution this year.... to become healthier in mind, body and spirit..... and run 800 miles. Only made 685 last year. I think I can squeeze in a few more if I stay motivated!!

First run of the year is 1/18. PF Chang's Rock and Roll Half Marathon. 13.1 miles of fun, sun, run and bands all along the way. My DD and I are running it together again this year.
Santa was very good to me..... Janome CP 1000 is what he brought me. I love it. Have been studying the CP1000 thread (293 pages of incredible information) on the Pattern Review message board for quite a while and wishing.......






My binder, hem and centerguide foot arrived in the mail today, can't wait to try them out. The foot that came on the machine makes it very hard to 'see' what you are doing as it is solid metal. The center guide foot can double as a clear foot as well, that should make matching up stitches much easier. So far all I have used it for is the top stitching on a pair of Vogue 1053 pants I made.




I altered the back to have a yoke
and faux tab pockets. Makes the 'real estate' appear smaller. (-:


The top is Jalie 2805 in a wonderful knit from Georgeous Fabrics, that was my New Year's celebration shirt.
Haven't done a review on them yet.... another thing to add to the list.
For anyone that actually stops by and reads my ramblings, I wish you Healthy and Happy New Year. Sew On!


3 comments:

  1. Hi welcome back to the blogging world came across your blog on PatterReview. Have to say you did a fab job. I will hopefully be working on jeans this weekend and you have totally inspired me to get on it. :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! your back. I like the jeans. You gonna be posting any jackets soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies, Thanks for stopping by, I am working on a jacket right now! a take off of J Crew Fionna jacket that someone else on Pattern Review also copied....can't remember her name... Will post pics soon...

    ReplyDelete